Lots to Love in Detroit
Just in time for Valentine's Day...
A list of 99 things to love about Detroit. Thanks to Real Detroit Weekly for coming up with many reasons reasons to adore the D.
* Our NBA Hall of Famer and mayor Dave Bing
* Waking up in the wee hours of the morning on Fat Tuesday to rip open a fresh box of paczkis from our favorite Hamtramck bakery like kids on Christmas.
* 64,980 inland lakes and ponds. Take that, Minnesota.
* Feather bowling, mussels and Belgian brews at Cadieux Café.
* “Detroit is really a small big city with some of the friendliest, most amazing people you will ever meet,” says the Brazilian gal who's only lived here for 18 months.
* Introducing newcomers to the epic battle between Lafayette and American Coney Island.
* Opening Day. Yes, it is a religious holiday.
* Jimmy Fallon has a love affair with Detroit and continues to make sure his audience knows it. We didn't mind making friends with him either at random house parties in Woodbridge.
* Eleven Stanley Cup Championships, 10 American League Pennant Wins, four World Series Titles, three NBA Championships.