One year. One city. Endless opportunities.
I'm in Chicago today, celebrating with family and friends. I hope all is well with you and yours on this most important holiday known as Thanksgiving.
Why I am thankful:
- My husband still has a job at General Motors.
- My children are healthy and happy, even if my 4-year-old son is obsessed with Bakugans and other strange toys these days.
- I have thought-provoking work (a great thing for a stay-at-home mom).
- My friends put up with me, even when I'm babbling after too many sleepless nights.
- I have met many, many new people through this blog – and I've learned that I love Detroit even if some call it a wasteland. Where they see blight, I see potential. And I am thankful for that kind of blind sight.